For more information regarding duties and responsibilites, please click on a specific team below:
Active Volunteer Information
If you are an active volunteer, you may find the below information useful. If you have further questions please email us or call 760-322-2930.
Shiftboard is an internet based program used for posting volunteer shifts and scheduling all of our volunteers. Click below to log in.
Please be aware that you'll be asked to log in. If you forgot your password, enter your email address and click on "Forgot Password" and your password will be emailed to you.
For further information please email us or call 760.322.2930.
International Film Festival (January): Black on the bottom, i.e. slacks, pants, skirt and white on top, i.e. a shirt, blouse, sweater, or collared polo, and COMFORTABLE shoes, no rubber flip flops.
ShortFest (June): Khaki on the bottom, i.e. slacks, pants, Capri's, walking shorts and sponsored Volunteer t-shirt or if no sponsored t-shirt, then white on top, i.e. a shirt, blouse, collared polo shirt, or tee shirt without slogans or designs, and COMFORTABLE shoes, no rubber flip flops.
Film Society Member Screenings: Black on the bottom, i.e. slacks, pants, skirt, capri's, walking shorts and white on top, i.e. a shirt, blouse, sweater, or collared polo, and COMFORTABLE shoes, no rubber flip flops.
- For every shift a volunteer completes, the volunteer will receive one (1) volunteer voucher which will be provided by a lead volunteer or other supervisor. Please remember to sign-in for each shift and do not leave until you are released (failure to do so may result in not receiving a voucher).
- Vouchers may only be exchanged for films during festivals in which they were earned.
- Vouchers may be exchanged online or in person at any of the Festival box offices
- If exchanged in-person, please inform the cashier you have a VOLUNTEER VOUCHER
- If you exchange vouchers online, please be sure to hand in your vouchers when picking-up your tickets at the box office.
- Volunteers may use the vouchers themselves or give the voucher(s) to friends or family.
- Volunteer vouchers may not be sold.
- Any unexchanged vouchers* earned can be used for the 10% discount as indicated on the back or may be brought to the Volunteer Party for a chance to win a festival pass and other gifts. If brought to the Volunteer Party, please write your name on each voucher and drop it in the drawing box. *If the winning voucher(s) is found to have already been exchanged for ticket(s), it will be DISQUALIFIED from receiving a prize*Vouchers cannot be used for future festivals or Palm Springs International Film Society member screenings.