Interested in volunteering?
For more information regarding duties and responsibilites, please click on a specific team below:
Transportation Volunteer Team
Do you enjoy having interesting conversations with interesting people? Then consider the Transportation Team.
Specific routes are designated and maps are provided. Volunteers must be at least 25 years old and have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The Transportation Team uses donated vehicles for both festivals. The Transportation Team is an excellent opportunity to meet fascinating people. However, it is important for volunteers to have an awareness of when passengers want to engage in conversation and when they do not.
International Film Festival (January):
- Filmmaker pick up at area airports including LAX
- Transport filmmakers and industry guests to/from hotels, venues, parties, special events
- Transport staff to/from special events as needed
- Shuttle filmmakers and industry guests to and from the Camelot Theatres and the host hotel
- Shuttle filmmakers and industry guests to/from Special Events at night (shuttle service may continue to midnight or a little bit later to Palm Springs hotels)
- Specific routes are designated and maps are provided.
- Must be over the age of 25
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must have valid insurance
- Customer service skills
- Flexible schedule
- Must be able to drive alone
- Ability to stay on schedule
- Extended knowledge of Palm Springs area
- Must be able to drive different vehicle types and shuttles (ShortFest only)