The Palm Springs International Film Society is looking for talented interns who want to learn more about film, communications, event planning, and business management for the upcoming 2022 Palm Springs International Film Festival.
The Film Society offers a comprehensive program in which interns gain skills in their chosen field, learn the workings of a non-profit organization, and experience how a film festival operates from the inside. We are proud to host a new cohort of interns each season to learn about and contribute to the process of putting on two major international film festivals and other year-round programming. Internships offer a stipend upon completion.
CURRENT INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Internships with the Palm Springs International Film Society require a minimum commitment of 120 hours. Start dates and work hours vary by department.
MARKETING INTERN | OCTOBER 18, 2021 - JANUARY 21, 2022
The Marketing Intern will support the Marketing Coordinator with all aspects of the festival's marketing, promotions and advertising functions, helping coordinate efforts in, but not limited to, print advertising, radio advertising, television advertising, community awareness, and target marketing.
Elements of the position include:
- Track, collect and organize all press clippings on festival, make copies of individual film reviews and coverage for end-of-fest packages for filmmakers and distributors.
- Maintain press clipping book, log in and keep track of all press materials Assist in distribution of all posters, promotional materials, and print, radio and television ads/promotions.
- Participate in social media campaigns and help update social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, daily Field media requests for film/festival materials, film and filmmaker information
- Help respond to press requests and distribute materials to media who request it
- Review of web content and suggest updates as needed
- Assist in the production of promotional materials as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Experience dealing with confidential information Excellent written, verbal communication skills and proofreading experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in marketing or promotions preferred.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN | OCTOBER 18, 2021 - JANUARY 21, 2022
The Marketing Department is responsible for promoting and advertising the Palm Springs
International Film Festival and its events and performs the necessary research to identify target customers and other audiences. The Marketing team will focus on promoting a consistent message, coordinating image and marketing campaigns that connect and inform potential filmgoers, festival guests, and media outlets with festival information and events.
The Social Media Intern will support the Social Media Coordinator with all aspects of the
festival’s social media marketing, promotions, and advertising.
Elements of the Position Include:
- Monitoring and posting on social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter
- Responding to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions
- Posting festival news and announcements in a timely manner using approved content
- Posting and interacting with local or relevant organizations and interest groups
- Performing research to add more value to our content
- Assisting with distribution of promotional materials
- Creating copy for content and proofreading copy written by other team members
- Capturing content during the festival
- Styling content to post on social media
- Live tweeting during festival events
- Organizing and saving content captured to archive
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Intermediate computer processing skills including Microsoft Office and social media
- Ability to lead as well as follow and execute instructions effectively
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, flexible, self-motivated, solution
driven and be able to work independently
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends January 1st - January 17th
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to have FUN and be a team player
- Interest in marketing, public relations, social media
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred