The Palm Springs International Film Society is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that produces the Palm Springs International Film Festival and Palm Springs International ShortFest in conjunction with year-round community and member programming. Film Society and Festival team members are dedicated to providing the best experience to our festival attendees, filmmakers, and film society members. If you enjoy working collaboratively on a team, thrive in a high-paced environment, and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service, we'd love to have you as part of our team.
Resumes are accepted for posted positions only. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Employment@psfilmfest.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM SOCIETY
Available Seasonal Positions:
Production Crew Member
Job Summary (Seasonal, Part to Full-Time Position)
Start Date: December 27th End Date: January 19th
The Production Team is essential to a smooth operation of the film festival's theater venues, guest hospitality spaces, and main office. Production Assistants are responsible for setting and striking venues, delivering and maintaining supplies, and ensuring festival spaces are neat and safe at all time. Reporting to the Production Manager and Operations Manager, Production Crew Members will also work closely with venue staff members and multiple departments to ensure needs are met.
Elements of the position include
- Be on site for event deliveries of furniture, equipment, supplies, and publications as needed; distribute and stage where needed
- Assist venue staff in setting tents, stanchions, and heaters according to location maps
- Organize and maintain supplies for all Festival venues and spaces including office supplies, publications, water, signage, tickets, etc.
- Work closely with venue staff to ensure supply needs are met
- Hang and place signage during festival set up
- Monitor sites to ensure festival spaces are neat, inviting, and safe
- Deliver printed materials according to each departments requests
- Assist in the staging of select special events including: Opening Night, Closing Night, Talking Pictures Presentations, red carpet arrivals and Awards Brunch
- Organize storage spaces during and after festival
- Pick-up and deliver catering as needed
- Label equipment and furniture to ensure it is returned to pre-festival spaces
- Run general errands
- Communicate with festival staff, festival participants, volunteers and festival goers regarding production needs
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Festival Management
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to follow direction
- Highly organized with ability to troubleshoot on-site
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently
- Comfortable in a production environment, outside & inside
- Ability to be moving and standing on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work and cooperate with multiple team members and personalities
- Can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds
- Available to work extended hours including early mornings, weekends, and evenings
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends January 4-15
- Must be an experienced driver over 25 years of age and be comfortable driving a cargo/moving van
Please email cover letter and resume to Employment@psfilmfest.org. No Phone calls please.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Box Office Cashier
Job Summary (Seasonal, Part to Full-Time Position)
Start Date: Jan 2nd End Date: January 16th
The Box Office Cashier is an integral role within the box office team at PSIFF, providing effective and courteous customer service for all PSIFF attendees and guests. As one of the main frontline positions, it is imperative that presentation and communication skills are practiced at all times.
The cashier's main duty will be processing ticket sales for the general public, via a cashless system, throughout the film festival; while also providing a welcoming atmosphere. Accuracy and promptness are key to maintaining a moving line and happy attendees.
Other duties include printing tickets for walk-ups and online orders and providing accurate information for those who inquire about festival information.
Cashiers will also assist the Box Office Supervisor to keep internal communications up to date and ensure that information is passed along to others within the PSIFF teams. As a close contact with our clients, the cashier may be the first contact they make for information and updates. Therefore, it is crucial that information is passed along accurately.
Reporting relationships: Reports to the Box Office Supervisors and Box Office Managers.
Staff Key Responsibilities:
- Customer service
- General computer knowledge
- Act as a liaison between customers, volunteers, and management
- Interact positively and communicate effectively with all staff
- Assisting with any other duties within the responsibilities of the position
- No cash experience is necessary
- Previous box office experience is preferred
No phone calls, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.