The Palm Springs International Film Society is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization which produces the Palm Springs International Film Festival and Palm Springs International ShortFest in conjunction with year round community and member programming. Film Society and Festival team members are dedicated to providing the best experience to our festival attendees, filmmakers, and film society members. If you enjoy working collaboratively on a team, thrive in a high-paced environment and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service, we'd love to have you as part of our team.
Resumes are accepted for posted position only. Please submit resume and cover letter to Lauren@psfilmfest.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM SOCIETY
SPONSORSHIP & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER | FULL TIME
Oversee development of donor benefits; design of campaign materials; management of sponsorship contracts and relationships; acknowledgement of gifts; and accurate maintenance of donor records. H/She develops and implements strategies for maintaining and expanding individual, foundation, corporate, and public sector giving in order to meet the Festival's annual, endowment, and capital needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Working with Executive Management and Board of Directors, the Sponsorship and Development Manager is responsible and accountable for the design and implementation of the Palm Springs International Film Festival's local, national, and international fund raising efforts in order to achieve contributed income goals from the public and the private sector. S/he develops and implements strategies for maintaining and expanding individual, foundation, corporate, and public sector giving in order to meet the Festival's annual, endowment, and capital needs.
- The Sponsorship & Development Manager directs the annual giving campaign; the major gift campaign; the corporate sponsorship campaign; and all endowment, planned giving and capital campaigns. This includes the development of donor benefits; design of campaign materials; management of sponsorship contracts and relationships; acknowledgement of gifts; and accurate maintenance of donor records.
- The Sponsorship & Development Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and on a dotted-line basis to the Chairman of the Board. S/he manages the development department budget and is part of a senior management team that includes the Executive Director, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, and Managing Director.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who combines a strong interest in Film with a consistent record of success in generating contributed income. S/he will be knowledgeable about all areas of fundraising, including campaign design and execution, annual giving, corporate and foundation giving, sponsorships, special events, endowment fundraising, and planned giving.
- The successful candidate will have experience in building visibility and expanding the donor base through cultivation and excellent stewardship of philanthropy on the local, regional, national, and international levels. S/he will have specific experience working with national foundations and corporate donors. S/he will be comfortable utilizing the development tools that are increasingly available through technology and the Internet.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three years of related development experience in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Filemaker Pro or similar program
- Donor Snap or similar program.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, and will have the ability to work effectively with people at all levels both nationally and internationally. S/he will have maturity, discretion, patience, and diplomatic skills in abundance. S/he will have specific experience working with and managing volunteers.
- The successful candidate will have superb written and verbal communications ability. S/he will be able to speak and write persuasively about the mission, programs, and contributed income needs of the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.