The Palm Springs International Film Society is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization which produces the Palm Springs International Film Festival and Palm Springs International ShortFest in conjunction with year round community and member programming. Film Society and Festival team members are dedicated to providing the best experience to our festival attendees, filmmakers, and film society members. If you enjoy working collaboratively on a team, thrive in a high-paced environment and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service, we'd love to have you as part of our team.
Resumes are accepted for posted positions only. Please submit resume and cover letter to Lauren@psfilmfest.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM SOCIETY
There are currently no year round employment opportunities available.
2018 PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Full Time Temporary | December 18, 2017 - January 19, 2018
Must have own reliable vehicle
The Print Transporter, under the supervision of the Print Traffic Managers, will coordinate the movement of film DCP's between our six venues and two offices during the Palm Springs International Film Festival, January 2-15, 2018. The transporter will ensure on-time movement of DCP's to festival projectionist team and also maintain an organized tracking system.
Elements of the position include
- Coordinate with Print Traffic Managers to ensure timely delivery of DCP's to venues.
- Liaise with projectionists and venue managers at each Festival venue
- Reporting of print status and venue location
- Assist Print Traffic Managers with inbound and outbound shipping of DCP's.
- Print transporter will be using their own car to move prints and drive between venue
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, FileMaker Pro or similar program
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of International shipping practices and shipping/receiving knowledge
- Experience dealing with confidential information
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills