800.898.7256 or 760.778.8979
(Palm Springs Cultural Center)
2300 E Baristo Rd, Palm Springs
June 10-17 | 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
June 18 | 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 19-24 | 1 hour before 1st show until ½ hr after last show begins
Passes on sale now.
Applications for Student, Industry, & Media also being accepted.
Chairman's Pass | $500
A non-transferable, premium pass that provides guaranteed reserved seating at all screenings up till 10 minutes before showtime, including Opening and Closing Nights, entry to all festival parties, Filmmaker & Industry Lounge, and Forum panels. Excludes Video Library access, designated Filmmaker only events, and Awards Brunch.
INSIDER PASS | $200
A non-transferable photo identification pass good for all regular film programs, includes Opening & Closing screenings and party and Forum panels. Excludes filmmaker parties, Video Library, Filmmaker & Industry Lounge, designated Filmmaker only events, and Awards Brunch.
Student Pass | $75
A non-transferrable photo identification pass good for all general film screenings, Forum, and Film Market. Excludes filmmaker lounge, parties, opening & closing night. Applications for this pass must be accompanied by valid student ID from college or High School. Applications now being accepted.
INDUSTRY & MEDIA
Industry and Media professionals must submit an application for approval. The cost for an Industry pass is $150. Applications now being accepted.
BECOME A PATRON | $1,000+
Donate $1,000 or more between February 1 and June 1, 2019 and in exchange, you'll receive a Chairman's Pass to ShortFest, your name or a name dedication listed as a ShortFest Patron in the program, an invitation to the Filmmaker Awards Brunch and a $500 or more tax deduction!
How do I purchase passes?
Order online or via phone beginning April 1, 2019.
- First, create an account here or log in to your existing profile
- Select the pass you want to purchase above.
- FILM SOCIETY MEMBERS make sure to log in to your account first in order to get your member discount.
- All purchases are subject to a $3.00 handling charge per order.
ORDER BY PHONE
- 800.898.7256 or 760.778.8979 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
WHERE DO I PICK UP MY PASS?
Pass pick-up dates and locations will be announced closer to the festival.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Where do i send the photo for my pass?
- All ShortFest passes require a photo.
- Photos should be passport style and meet the following requirements:
- Recent (within the last 5 years)
- Forward facing above the shoulders
- Solely of the passholder
- In focus without facial obstructions
- Photos should be emailed to Credentials@psfilmfest.org
- If you are unable to email a photo, please call 760.778.8979 for alternative options
- A photo must be received in order to process your pass
- Failure to submit a quality photo by June 10, 2019 may result in a delay of receiving your pass
how to navigate with my pass?
- Always wear your pass, you will not be admitted without it
- Enter the "Passholder" line for the film you which to see
- Lines begin forming 1 hour before showtime
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Queue cards will be given out until the passholder allotment is reached
An allotment of seats are held at every screening for pass holders. The alloted passholders will receive priority entrance up to approximately 20 minutes prior to show time or until the pass holder allotment has been reached. Early arrival at all screenings is recommended. Passes do not guarantee seating and passholders will not always be able to attend the film program of their first choice of screening times or location (with the exception of Chairman's passes). Once the allotment is reached, any remaining pass holders may choose to wait on standby. At approximately 10 minutes before show time, after queued pass holders and tickets holders are seated, any empty seats will granted to standby passholders. If there are still seats remaining after the standby passholders are seated, tickets will be sold to those waiting in the ticket holder standby line.
Queue Cards are distributed for individual shows to better control entry and determine as quickly as possible when a show is expected to reach the passholder allotment. Only one Queue Card per passholder present will be issued. No saving places in line for friends or family. Passholders must present a valid Queue Card with a valid pass for admittance into the theater (Chairman's passholders do not need to wait in line nor present a Queue Card).
is my pass valid on best of fest day?
Yes, all ShortFest passes are valid on Best of Fest, Monday, June 24, 2019.
- Saving places in line or saving seats for other guests or between shows is not permitted.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason, take your ticket stub or pass with you and be sure to pick up a RE-ADMIT pass before you leave. No one will be re-admitted without the re-admit pass and their ticket stub or festival pass.
- No recording equipment is permitted in the theatre auditorium.
- Please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during the film presentation.
- For the pleasure of all guests there is no talking permitted during the film presentation and no late seating.
- Please complete and return your ballot immediately following each screening.
- To expedite theatre cleaning and seating please discard your trash and exit promptly after your screening.
- All theatre auditoriums are cleared between show times.
- Many lines are outside of the theatres. Please dress appropriately for comfort, as it can get hot during the day and cold in the evenings. Theatres may also get chilly.
- No outside food permitted in the festival theatres. Please visit the concession stand.