Passes for the 2017 ShortFest will be available for purchase beginning April 1, 2017
BECOME A PATRON | $1,000+
Donate $1,000 or more between February 1 and June 1, 2017 and in exchange, your name or a name dedication will be listed as a ShortFest Patron in the program, you'll receive VIP treatment with a Chairman's Pass to ShortFest and a $500 or more tax deduction! Donate online or make a donation over the phone.
Chairman's Pass | $500
A non-transferable, all-access, premium pass that provides entry to the Opening Night Screening & Party, Closing Night Awards and Party, Forum, Filmmaker Lounge and all festival parties June 20-26, 2017. Guaranteed reserved seating at all screenings up until 10 minutes before show time. Excludes Film Market.
INSIDER PASS | $200
A non-transferable photo identification pass good for all regular film programs, ShortFest Forum, Opening Night and Closing Night programs June 20-26, 2017. Excludes filmmaker parties and Film Market.
How do I purchase passes?
Order online or via phone beginning April 1, 2017.
- First, create an account here or log in to your existing profile
- Select the pass you want to purchase above.
- FILM SOCIETY MEMBERS make sure to log in to your account first in order to get your member discount.
- All purchases are subject to a $3.00 handling charge per order.
ORDER BY PHONE
- 800-898-7256 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Where do i send the photo for my pass?
- All ShortFest passes require a photo.
- Photos should be passport style and meet the following requirements:
- Recent (within the last 5 years)
- Forward facing above the shoulders
- Solely of the passholder
- In focus without facial obstructions
- Photos should be emailed to Credentials@psfilmfest.org
- If you are unable to email a photo, please call 760.778.8979 for alternative options
- A photo must be received in order to process your pass
- Failure to submit a quality photo by June 10, 2017 may result in a delay of receiving your pass
how to navigate with my pass?
- Always wear your pass, you will not be admitted without it
- Enter the "Passholder" line for the film you which to see
- Lines begin forming 1 hour before showtime
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Queue cards will be given out until the passholder allotment is reached
An allotment of seats is reserved at every screening for pass holders. Pass holders will be allowed preferred entrance into theatres up to 20 minutes prior to show time or until the pass holder allotment has been reached. Early arrival at all screenings is recommended. Passes do not guarantee seating and Pass Holders may not always be able to attend the film program of their first choice of screening times or location (with the exception of Chairman Passes). Once the allotment is reached, any remaining pass holders may choose to wait, and will be on standby. At 10 minutes before show time, after queued pass holders and tickets holders are seated, any empty seats will be made available to the pass holders in standby. If there are still seats remaining after the standby pass holders are seated, tickets will be sold to those waiting in the ticket holder standby line.
Queue Cards are distributed for individual shows to better control entry and determine as quickly as possible when a show is expected to reach the passholder allotment. Only one Queue Card per passholder present will be issued. No saving places in line for friends or family. The Queue Card must be presented with a valid pass for admittance.
is my pass valid on best of fest day?
Yes, all ShortFest passes are valid on Best of Fest, Monday, June 26, 2017.
- Saving places in line or saving seats for other guests or between shows is not permitted.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason, take your ticket stub or pass with you and be sure to pick up a RE-ADMIT pass before you leave. No one will be re-admitted without the re-admit pass and their ticket stub or festival pass.
- No recording equipment is permitted in the theatre auditorium.
- Please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during the film presentation.
- For the pleasure of all guests there is no talking permitted during the film presentation and no late seating.
- Please complete and return your ballot immediately following each screening.
- To expedite theatre cleaning and seating please discard your trash and exit promptly after your screening.
- All theatre auditoriums are cleared between show times.
- Many lines are outside of the theatres. Please dress appropriately for comfort, as it can get hot during the day and cold in the evenings. Theatres may also get chilly.
- No outside food permitted in the festival theatres. Please visit the concession stand.