Festival Passes allow for priority admission to regular screenings without the need for a ticket...no pre-selection of films is necessary.
Passes for the 2017 Palm Springs International Film Festival are available NOW. Please read pass descriptions before making your selection, there are no refunds or exchanges. Passes do sell out, purchase them early!
Benefactor Pass $3,000
A pass that is good for Opening Night, Closing Night, Awards Gala-premier seat* (Monday, January 2, 2017), regular film screenings, special screenings, Talking Pictures discussions, and festival receptions from January 2-16, 2017. Includes Best of Fest, January 16 and Book to Screen, January 3 & 4, 2017. Benefactor pass holders have reserved seating at all screenings up until 10 minutes before show time.
Tax deductible portion $700.00.
concierge Pass $2,000-SOLD OUT
A non-transferable photo ID pass good for reserved seating for Opening Night screening and party, Closing Night screening and party, regular film screenings, special screenings, Talking Pictures discussions, and Book to Screen. Concierge pass holders are required to make advanced reservations for reserved seating. Note: Each auditorium has a limited number of seats that can accommodate concierge reservations therefore you may not always be able to attend your first choice of screening date/time.
Tax deductible portion $900.
platinum pass $500 - SOLD OUT
Non-transferable photo ID pass good for regular film screenings, special screenings, Best of the Fest screenings and talking pictures discussions January 6-16, 2017. Excludes Opening Night, Closing Night, Book to Screen and all receptions and parties. Passholders have preferred entrance up to 20 minutes before showtime or until the passholder allotment has been reached. Seating is not guaranteed (please read 'how to navigate with a pass' below for more information).
Book to Screen Pass $200
A transferable pass that is good for ALL 2017 Book to Screen Symposium events, panels, discussions, and screenings on January 3 & 4, 2017 at the Hilton Palm Springs. This pass is not valid at any other Festival events and screenings. For more information please call 760.969.7544 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
silver "A" Pass $375-SOLD OUT
Non-transferable photo ID pass valid Friday, January 6-Tuesday, January 10, 2017 for regular film screenings, gala screenings, secret screenings and Talking Pictures discussions. Excludes Opening Night, Closing Night, Book To Screen, Best of Fest and all receptions and parties. Passholders have preferred entrance up to 20 minutes before showtime or until the passholder allotment has been reached. Seating is not guaranteed (please read 'how to navigate with a pass' below for more information).
*Pass waitlist: please call 760.778.8979 or 800.898.7256 M-F 9am-5pm
Silver "B" Pass $375 - SOLD OUT
Non-transferable photo ID pass valid Wednesday, January 11-Sunday, January 15, 2017 for regular film screenings, gala screenings, secret screenings and Talking Pictures discussions. Excludes Opening Night, Closing Night, Book To Screen, Best of Fest and all receptions and parties. Passholders have preferred entrance up to 20 minutes before showtime or until the passholder allotment has been reached. Seating is not guaranteed (please read 'how to navigate with a pass' below for more information).
How do I purchase passes?
Order online or via phone beginning August 1, 2016.
- First, create an account here or log in to your existing profile.
- Select the pass you want to purchase.
- FILM SOCIETY MEMBERS make sure to log in to your account first in order to get your member discount.
- All purchases are subject to a $3.00 handling charge per order.
ORDER BY PHONE
- 800-898-7256 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Where do I send the photo for my pass?
- All non-transferable passes require a photo (Platinum, Concierge, Silver A and Silver B).
- Photos should be passport style and meet the following requirements:
- Recent (within the last 5 years)
- Forward facing above the shoulders
- Solely of the passholder
- In focus without facial obstructions
- Photos should be emailed to Credentials@psfilmfest.org
- If you are unable to email a photo, please call 760.778.8979 for alternative options.
- A photo must be received in order to process your pass.
- Failure to submit a quality photo by December 10, 2016 may result in a delay of receiving your pass.
Where do I pick up my pass?
Pick-up locations vary on pass type, please review the below.
- Only the passholder or person who purchased the pass may pick the pass(es) up
- A photo ID is required to pick-up your pass
Must be picked up at the Festival Gala Offices
181 S. Civic Drive, Ste 1
Palm Springs, CA 92262
December 19-23: 10am-5pm
December 26-30: 10am-6pm
December 31: 9am-12pm
ALL OTHER PASSES
Must be picked up at the Ticket & Information Center
777 E Tahquitz Canyon Way
December 20-24: 10am-5pm
December 26-31: 10am-5pm
January 2-4: 10am-5pm
January 5-14: 9am-7pm
January 15: 9am-12pm
Closed December 25th and January 1st
How to navigate with a pass?
- Always wear your pass, you will not be admitted without it
- Enter the "Passholder" line for the film you which to see
- Lines begin forming 1 hour before showtime
- It is recommedned you arrive 45 minutes prior to showtime
- Queue cards will be given out until the passholder allotment is reached
An allotment of seats is reserved at every screening for pass holders. Pass holders will be allowed preferred entrance into theatres up to 20 minutes prior to show time or until the pass holder allotment has been reached. Early arrival at all screenings is recommended. Passes do not guarantee seating and Pass Holders may not always be able to attend the film program of their first choice of screening times or location (with the exception of Benefactor Passes). Once the allotment is reached, any remaining pass holders may choose to wait, and will be on standby. At 10 minutes before show time, after queued pass holders and tickets holders are seated, any empty seats will be made available to the pass holders in standby. If there are still seats remaining after the standby pass holders are seated, tickets will be sold to those waiting in the ticket holder standby line.
Queue Cards are distributed for individual shows to better control entry and determine as quickly as possible when a show is expected to reach the passholder allotment. Only one Queue Card per passholder present will be issued. No saving places in line for friends or family. The Queue Card must be presented with a valid pass for admittance.
Is my pass valid on best of fest day?
Benefactor, Concierge, Platinum, Sponsor, Media and Industry passes are valid for Best of Fest (Monday, January 16). Individual tickets can be purchased beginning Sunday, January 15, 2017.
I lost my pass, what do I do?
Go to the Credentials desk at the Ticket & Information Center and let them know you've lost your pass.
- Saving places in line or saving seats for other guests or between shows is not permitted.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason, take your ticket stub or pass with you and be sure to pick up a RE-ADMIT pass before you leave. No one will be re-admitted without the re-admit pass and their ticket stub or festival pass.
- No recording equipment is permitted in the theatre auditorium.
- Please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during the film presentation.
- For the pleasure of all guests there is no talking permitted during the film presentation and no late seating.
- Please complete and return your ballot immediately following each screening.
- To expedite theatre cleaning and seating please discard your trash and exit promptly after your screening.
- All theatre auditoriums are cleared between show times.
- Many lines are outside of the theatres. Please dress appropriately for comfort, as it can get hot during the day and cold in the evenings. Theatres may also get chilly.
- No outside food permitted in the festival theatres. Please visit the concession stand.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
The Palm Springs International Film Society (PSIFS) refund policy is that ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. (Except in cases of cancellation by PSIFS). The PSIFS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional, and convenient environment for all of our customers.