Become a Patron: $1,000+
Donate $1,000 or more until June 10, 2016 and in exchange, your name or a name dedication will be listed as a ShortFest Patron in the program, you'll receive VIP treatment with a Chairman's Pass to ShortFest and a $500 or more tax deduction! Donate online or make a donation over the phone.
Chairman's Pass: $500
A non-transferable, all-access, premium pass that provides entreé to the Opening Night Screening & Reception, the Closing Night Awards Screenings and Reception, the Forums, the Filmmaker Lounge and all festival filmmaker parties from June 21-27, 2016. These passes have guaranteed reserved seating at all screenings up until 10 minutes before show time. (Photo Required)
Insider Pass: $200
A non-transferable photo identification pass good for all regular film programs, Forums, Masterclass, Opening Night Gala and Closing Night Awards Gala programs June 21-27, 2016. Excludes filmmakers parties.
Student Pass: $100
As part of our on-going education initiatives, a Student Pass is available to those currently enrolled in an accredited College/University or High School and grants access to regular film screenings and Filmmaker Forums. Students must apply for this pass and submit a valid student id. (Excludes Opening & Closing Night)
How do I purchase passes?
Order online or via phone beginning April 1, 2016.
- First, create an account or login to your existing acount by clicking on "Login" in the top right of the page.
- Click on "Purchase Passes Now" and choose the pass you wish to purchase.
- FILM SOCIETY MEMBERS make sure to log in to your account first in order to get your member discount.
- All purchases are subject to a $3.00 handling charge per order.
ORDER BY PHONE
- 800-898-7256 or 760.778.8979 (M-F 9am-5pm)
Where do i send the photo for my pass?
- All ShortFest passes require a photo.
- Photos should be passport style and meet the following requirements:
- Recent (within the last 5 years)
- Forward facing above the shoulders
- Solely of the passholder
- In focus without facial obstructions
- Photos should be emailed to Credentials@psfilmfest.org
- If you are unable to email a photo, please call 760.778.8979 for alternative options
- A photo must be received in order to process your pass
- Failure to submit a quality photo by June 10, 2016 may result in a delay of receiving your pass
Where do i pick up my pass?
CHAIRMAN'S & INSIDER PASSES
Passes will be available for pick-up beginning June 13, 2016. Passes must be picked up at the Film Society office between 12:30pm and 4:30pm M-F.
- Only the passholder or person who purchased the pass may pick the pass(es) up
- A photo ID is required to pick-up your pass
Film Society Office
1700 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite 3
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
INDUSTRY, MEDIA, STUDENT, & FILMMAKER PASSES
The above passes will be available for pick-up beginning June 21, 2016 at the festival registration center located at the Renaissance Hotel.
how to navigate with my pass?
- Always wear your pass, you will not be admitted without it
- Enter the "Passholder" line for the film you which to see
- Lines begin forming 1 hour before showtime
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Queue cards will be given out until the passholder allotment is reached
An allotment of seats is reserved at every screening for pass holders. Pass holders will be allowed preferred entrance into theatres up to 20 minutes prior to show time or until the pass holder allotment has been reached. Early arrival at all screenings is recommended. Passes do not guarantee seating and Pass Holders may not always be able to attend the film program of their first choice of screening times or location (with the exception of Chairman Passes). Once the allotment is reached, any remaining pass holders may choose to wait, and will be on standby. At 10 minutes before show time, after queued pass holders and tickets holders are seated, any empty seats will be made available to the pass holders in standby. If there are still seats remaining after the standby pass holders are seated, tickets will be sold to those waiting in the ticket holder standby line.
Queue Cards are distributed for individual shows to better control entry and determine as quickly as possible when a show is expected to reach the passholder allotment. Only one Queue Card per passholder present will be issued. No saving places in line for friends or family. The Queue Card must be presented with a valid pass for admittance.
is my pass valid on best of fest day?
Yes, all ShortFest passes are valid on Best of Fest, Monday, June 27, 2016.
I lost my pass, what do i do?
Call the box office at 760.778.7989
- Saving places in line or saving seats for other guests or between shows is not permitted.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason, take your ticket stub or pass with you and be sure to pick up a RE-ADMIT pass before you leave. No one will be re-admitted without the re-admit pass and their ticket stub or festival pass.
- No recording equipment is permitted in the theatre auditorium.
- Please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during the film presentation.
- For the pleasure of all guests there is no talking permitted during the film presentation and no late seating.
- Please complete and return your ballot immediately following each screening.
- To expedite theatre cleaning and seating please discard your trash and exit promptly after your screening.
- All theatre auditoriums are cleared between show times.
- Many lines are outside of the theatres. Please dress appropriately for comfort, as it can get hot during the day and cold in the evenings. Theatres may also get chilly.
- No outside food permitted in the festival theatres. Please visit the concession stand.
BOX OFFICE & FESTIVAL OFFICE LOCATION
1700 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite 3
HOURS FOR PASS PICK-UP
June 13-17: 12pm-4pm
June 21-24: 10am-4pm